Background

Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Reading Strategy Posters

Well, school officially started for us this past Tuesday and I have not had a second to spare since!  ;)  We are slowly, but surely, getting into the swing of things - and I'm adjusting to having beginning first graders again...  hehehe...  Each day seems to get better and better.

We have been having a wonderful time with Deanna Jump's Pete the Cat unit --- and let me just say - hearing my students read along and sing that song makes all those late hours and blisters from cutting out endless lamination worth it...  I can't wait to share our "Petes" we made this week...  and I'm very proud of my new classroom...   but those will be another posts for another day. 

Today, I wanted to share three posters that I made to help us concentrate on our reading strategies used in our Houghton Mifflin Reading series.  I wanted smaller, more concise posters than what comes with our reading series (not to mention - everything is better with a cute font, right???)... :)  I have included links to two reading strategy posters including predict/infer, questioning, summarizing, evaluating, and clarifying.  There is also a link to our decoding/phonics strategy - the photo icons help the students to remember the steps....  I hope you enjoy and good luck to each of you starting on your new journey this year!!!!  =)

                     Page 1            Page 2

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I have chosen you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You are one of my top 15 newly discovered sites.

    Stop by my blog to check it out!

    Debbie from Sailing Through First Grade
    http://candauscrew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! Where did you get the cute fonts that were used?


    Miss J
    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete