Background

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Phonics & Phonemic Awareness Common Core Assessments

So I can't believe that we are already at the end of the first nine weeks...  This year is FLYING by!!!! You start school, blink, and it's fall break and parent-teacher conferences!!!

When my team and I starting taking a look at our report cards and pacing guides for this quarter, we realized we were needing a more concrete way of assessing parts of the Language Arts Common Core...  So, I designed an assessment packet to help us cover the following standards:






I have included the following assessments to correlate with the Common Core Standards for first grade (RF1.2a, RF1.2b, RF1.2c, RF1.2d, & RF1.3a): 

short vowel/long vowel discrimination 
letter naming assessment 
letter sound assessment
(includes blends & digraphs) 
pseudoword (nonsense word) assessment 
initial, medial, & final sound assessment 
sound separation assessment



I hope this helps you out in your own assessments...  It's the perfect packet for RtI progress monitoring data for reading.  For a sneak peek, here's one of the assessments from the packet...  Just click here & let me know what you think!  ;)  

God bless!
Jenn Oyler

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! I am a new follower. I have been working on a phonics assessment too. I may just have to grab yours instead.
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged about your assessment!
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tammy!!!!!!!!!! On my way to return the favor & becoming a follower.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog after reading Tammy Klinger's post. It looks great. I am going to check out your assessment pack. I'm your newest follower.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete