Background

Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

1st grade - NBT.1 & sight word activities

We are back in full swing at school and we have been hitting counting from 1-120 hard since we've been back - especially focusing on 100-120!  Some of my little guys and gals have done a great job with this and some of them have struggled with aspects of it....  I created several activities for us to use during our whole group math time and our math centers and placed them in this packet on TPT:



The activities in this packet have helped the students practice counting in different ways to help support them in building their number counting fluency!  You are able to differentiate your instruction depending on what each child may need!!!  


We have also started off working on our Fry Sight words! One of the first things I want to do at the beginning of the school year is to see where each of my students are.  We assess each student to see what words each child needs to work on.  Then, I create word rings for each child so they can work on those words at school and fluency folders so they can work on them at home.  We all know what research says about how important it is to know these words automatically... 

I am now offering my Fry Sight Word packets in my store on TPT.  It contains the first 300 Fry Instant Word Lists in a format that you can print, laminate, cut, and place on rings for students to practice! I make sure students can successfully recognize the word THREE times - and hole punch the word card each time along the bottom graphic - before removing it from their word rings.  I have a "star" hole punch, but any hole punch would be sufficient.  I have also included a letter to parents and a standard word list that I include in students' fluency folders that go home each evening.  There are three different styles right now:  








If there are other themes you would like to see, just comment below and I'll do my best to get them posted for you!!!  

I have many more ideas ready to blog about - stayed tuned for more!!!!!  God bless!!!

 


The first 3 people who link this post to their own blog will receive their choice of the "Cut & Paste Numbers 1-120" set or your choice of "Word Rings"...   Be sure to leave me your contact information so I can email you your packet!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment