Background

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

How Much Is Your Initial Worth?

We have moved from counting 1-120 to place value in Math.  One activity that we did today (which was a LOT of fun!) was to figure up how much our first initial was worth using base ten blocks!  We used this activity that I have posted in my TPT store.  I was very pleased with how well the students did with it!









The only thing that I wish I had noticed sooner was the grammar of the sentence frames when students use one long or one cube (1 ten are worth 10. <-- pet peeve).

Next time I do this activity, I use will the sentence frames as a reference, but will use the page without in case students use 1 long or 1 cube so we can sneak in integrate a mini-lesson on grammar during this activity!!!!  I also updated it in my TPT store.

I hope you like this idea and check it out for yourself!!!

God bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have done this before too and my kiddos love it!

    You have an adorable blog and I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete